Marcella is a British nordic TV series based on the detective genre. The show is created by
Hans Rosenfeldt and Nicola Larder and was first released on April 4, 2016, on the ITV network in the UK. Cineflix has the original rights for the distribution of the show until it was released internationally on Netflix.
The crime-based series has successfully managed to reach a larger audience globally. The series has easily completed three seasons with the third season releasing on June 14, 2020, on Netflix. With the conclusion of the third season, fans are wondering about the next season of Marcella. So let’s get into the details about the new the fourth season:
Will There Be a Season 4 of Marcella?
The season 3 of Marcella has just released on Netflix on June 14 and the intriguing story has once again left the fans hooked to the screens. This was the first time that the series was released directly onto Netflix without a release on ITV networks.
It would be quite early to expect any update on the fourth season as Netflix would look after the viewership and there are many more factors involved which would decide the series renewal. But if it does get renewed it won’t be until 2022 before the show gets released as no production work is going to begin while the pandemic lasts.
- Anna Friel (Detective Sergeant Marcella Backland)
- Nicholas Pinnock (Jason Backland)
- Ray Panthaki (Detective Inspector Rav Sangha)
- Jamie Bamber (Detective Chief Inspector/Detective Inspector Tim Williamson)
- Jack Doolan (Detective Constable Mark Travis)
- Nina Sosanya (Detective Chief Inspector Laura Porter)
- Charlie Covell (Detective Constable Alex Dier)
- Sophia Brown (Detective Constable Leanne Hunter)
- Amanda Burton (Katherine Maguire)
- Hugo Speer (Frank Young)
- Aaron McCusker (Finn Maguire)
- Martin McCann (Bobby Barrett)
- Kelly Gough (Stacey Maguire Barrett)
- Michael Colgan (Rory Maguire)
What Could Happen in Season 4?
In the third season finally, she overcame her mental illness and she even changed her name to Keira. Marcella always had the feeling that someone was always stalking her while she was in any secret missions. And this was because of her dissociative personality that Kiera started referring to Marcella in the third person. Season 3 saw some unfortunate things happen while she was trying to save Stacey and ended up with the death of her brothers and Stacey. The only one she is left with is now is a child named Katie. The fourth instalment could focus on her relationship with Katie and how she raises Katie to be part of her life. There will surely be many more adventures as long as both her characters stay.