On September 8 2020 a 6-year-old boy was found in the southeast Texas infected by the brain-eating amoeba (Naegleria fowleri). The boy soon got hospitalized but couldn’t survive and loosed the battle with this deadly amoeba. The amoeba is found in southeast Texas water supply and 8 cities have been alerted not to use water from that supply. The local residents are getting free water from the city in the interim.
Apart from corona, this is another disaster making people struggle, the lake Jackson has been issued a disaster, and residents are alerted not yonuse water.
When does it all start?
The first case was of the 6-year-old kid who was found on the 8th of September. Through the conclusion, it was found that the boy could have been affected Only by two means. One was water supply to a hose in the boy’s house. The other possibility was of fountain splash pad which was in front of lake Jackson civic Centre. The fountain was sealed and a lab was assigned to test the water, on 14 September the test came negative but on the 25,3 out of 11 tests were found positive. It is said that it will take 3 days to clear the system from this deadly amoeba.
Basically, what is this amoeba?
Naegleria fowleri commonly known as Brain-eating amoeba is not properly an Amoeba it’s an Shapeshifting amoebaflagellate that targets your brain and causes fatal brain infection which will lead to death, very few might survive. If we look at the record from 1962 to 2018 there were a total of 145 people got affected by it and Only 4 could survive. This is found in soil, warm lakes, rivers, and hot springs, dirty pools, or discharges From a factory. From the year 2009 to 2018 only 34 infections were registered in the Us. This is very fatal we hope that this can be solved soon and no more people suffer because of this.