PS5 is a next-generation PlayStation which is scheduled to be released by the end of 2020, though Sony has not revealed any details about it, but some interesting details related to it has come out. Many new features have been added to PS5 controller like haptic feedback, adaptive triggers and a built-in mic. The PS5 design is expected to be completely different from its previous design. The PS5 will have many new features loaded in it which include ray-tracing, a super-fast SSD, a built-in 4K Blu-ray player.
PS5 Release Date:
Sony has officially announced that PS5 will be released “in time for Holiday 2020”. So the game is likely to be released in between the months of October and December 2020. According to rumours its release can be expected on November 20, 2020. The PlayStation 5 has direct competition with Microsoft’s Xbox Series X which has the same release time as that of PlayStation 5. If you are worried that coronavirus could delay the release of PlayStation 5, then you have good news, Sony PR has confirmed that coronavirus will not affect the release date of PS5.
Sony has not yet decided the cost of the next-gen console. Sony’s chief financial officer Hiroki Totoki has confirmed that the company has not yet decided the price of PS5. Totoki has explained that “What is not very clear or visible is because we are competing in the space, so it’s very difficult to discuss anything about the price at this point of time and depending upon the price level, we may have to determine the promotion that we are going to deploy and how much costs we are prepared to pay”. If we go as per rumours it could cost $499 in North America during its release. If this price is true it will be great news for the gamer as it is only $100 costlier than the PS4 and PS4 Pro.
1. CPU requirement: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz.
2. GPU requirement: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz.
3. GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2.
4. Memory interface requirement: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit.
5. Memory bandwidth spec: 448GB/s.
6. Internal storage requirement: Custom 825GB SSD
7. IO throughput requirement: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
8. Expandable storage requirement: NVMe SSD slot
9. External storage requirement: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
10. Optical drive requirement: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive