As we all know, Hollywood is an American drama web television miniseries originally featured by Netflix and was created by Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan. They are also the producers like Darren Criss and David Corenswet, who are also casting in the series. It was announced on February 23, 2019, about its production. However, there are a total of 7 episodes that keeps the audience glued to the show.
HOLLYWOOD RELEASE DATE
The drama series was totally something everyone had been waiting for. It definitely gave something new out of the bag for the movie and TV series fans. The series aired on May 1, 2020, on Netflix.
According to the reports dating back to September 03, 2019, the casts were Patti LuPone, Holland Taylor, Darren Criss, Jeremy Pope, Dylan McDermott, Jim Parsons, David Corenswet and Joe Mantello. But the series also showcased other talented and upcoming artists like Laura Harrier, Jake Picking, and Samara Weaving.
HOLLYWOOD THE PLOT
The series is about a group of upcoming actors and filmmakers in post World War II as they try to make it in Tinseltown. Each character has a unique feature behind the gold-plated curtains of Hollywood’s golden age. It emphasizes the unfair systems and biases across race, gender that have followed to this day. ‘Hollywood’ exposed and also examined the decades-old power dynamics and what the entertainment factory would have looked like if they were pulled apart.
They are widely given across the seven episodes given below:
No. – Title – Directed by – Written by – Original release date
1. Hooray for Hollywood – Ryan Murphy – Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan – May 1, 2020
2. Hooray for Hollywood: Part 2 – Daniel Minahan – Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan – May 1, 2020
3. Outlaws – Michael Uppendahl – Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan – May 1, 2020
4. (Screen) Tests – Janet Mock – Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan and Janet Mock – May 1, 2020
5. Jump – Michael Uppendahl – Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan – May 1, 2020
6. Meg – Janet Mock – Ian Brennan and Janet Mock and Reilly Smith – May 1, 2020
7. A Hollywood ending – Jessica Yu – Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan – May 1, 2020
HOLLYWOOD: THE FAN THEORIES
Fans have been a good critic of the show. They said it shows the work of Darren Criss’s character alongside others to showcase the struggles and survival of actors due to the unfair biases of the system and corruption that has prevailed to this very day.
However, Rotten Tomatoes gave the series an average rating of 5.89/10. And Hugh Montgomery of the BBC described it as “spineless and inert”.