Ranking up on Google isn’t easy especially for us bloggers and CPA marketers who are in affiliate business. There’s a lot of hard work and hours of back links making required to get ranked even on the first page of Google. To save time from that we have a solution for that and that solution is Google AdWords. So, What is Google AdWords and how it works?
Well Google AdWords is a tool introduced by the Google which helps you to rank up your keywords on the first page of Google in a form of ads. Just like Facebook ads, Google allows you to set up a campaign for your keyword and run it on Google. For example, if you’re an affiliate marketer and you want to get sales of a product then you can run campaign of that selected product keyword and the rest will be done by Google AdWords. It’s the easiest way to get traffic and sales on your website.
How to setup an AdWords campaign?
1. First, go to the search bar and type Google AdWords in the search bar and open the first link pop up.
2.Then login using your Gmail account.
3. Once you’ve logged in you’ll see a blank page with no campaign. In order to setup your first campaign, you need to click on campaign in the right side bar section and you’ll see a blue addition symbol on the page. Click on that symbol> new campaign. Now this is where the magic happens.
4. A new page will show up once you’ve clicked on new campaign on top of it written ‘select the type of campaign’. Now one thing you need to know that there are various kinds of campaigns like shopping, video which is generally related to YouTube, universal app etc. You need to select the type of campaign you want to run based on the type of your niche.
5. Now that you’ve selected the type of campaign you want to run you move on to the next page in which you’re going to mention the goal of your campaign i.e. what do you want to get from your campaign? Leads, sales or traffic, that depends on the type of work you’re doing. For example you’ve selected sales, next you’re going to setup how you want to reach your goal,
I) By getting phone calls
II) By website visit
III) By app downloads
Mostly people prefer website visit as it is obvious when you’re a blogger or affiliate marketer. give the link of your website in the link bar then click continue.
6. Now you’re gonna select the name of your campaign, if you want to sell a product then you’re gonna name the campaign whatever the name of your product is. Then you’re gonna select the location you want to sell the product in.
7. Next we move on to the part of bidding, now this is very important because the way Google AdWords world is just like a bidding war. Whoever bids the most per click, his/her ads gets featured on the top and bidding is based upon the popularity of the keyword you’re working on. If a keyword is very popular then you’re gonna have to bid much higher because you will be in competition with a lot more people. I personally prefer maximize conversion.
8. Next you’re going to setup your budget, means how much you want to spend on a campaign per day. Start with smaller budget then you can tweak on the budget once you start seeing good results.
9. Next you have to setup ad groups and give your ad group a name for example #product1. Then you have to fill in the keywords, now this is the section where you’re going to have to get mad, fill up keywords as much as possible related to your product. Then click continue.
10. Next you have to give url, here you’re going to give the exact url which will take the customer directly to the page of the product not on the home page of your website. Then in the headline 1 section, you’re gonna have a limit of 30 characters only so fill it after thinking carefully. Give an attractive headline because people are gonna click on the basis of your given headline attracts them or not. Now below in the description, you’re gonna fill up something like ‘free shipping’ or ‘20% off’ and any other related offers.
Click continue and next you’re gonna see a congratulations page! Click continue to campaign! That’s it, you’ve you’ve setup your campaign. It might take some time to for your ad to get live as Google will review it first but sooner or later it will get live.
Thank you! I hope you found this article helpful.